a modern method for a timeless classic
Easy Oven Baked Chicken
- 1 lb. fryer chicken pieces
- 1/3 cup shortening (half butter)
- 1 cup Bisquick (or Jiffy) mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbls Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning (or half paprika, half Lawry's Seasoned Salt)
- Preheat oven to 400(F).
- Melt shortening in baking pan.
- In a brown paper bag, combine Bisquick and seasonings.
- Shake up chicken pieces in paper bag mixture, two at a time, and
place in pan with melted shortening.
- Bake for 30 minutes, skin-side down; then, turn chicken over and
bake for 30 more minutes.